- Bagged Systems Integration Orders of over Rs. 455 crores during the quarter
- Revenue from Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 1040 crores; up 44% Y-o-Y & 16% sequentially
- Revenue from Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 2104 crores; down 10% Y-o-Y & up 1% sequentially
- Revenue from Office Automation and Digital Entertainment business for the quarter was Rs. 376 crores; up 24% Y-o-Y & 22% sequentially
- Revenue from Telecom Distribution business for the quarter was Rs. 1726 crores; down 14% Y-o-Y & 1% sequentially
- Board of Directors declared 100% quarterly Interim dividend. This is the 30th continuous quarter for dividends.
HCL Infosystems India’s premier Hardware, services and ICT Systems Integration, Hardware and Distribution Company today announced financial results for its second quarter ended December 31, 2010.
Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, Chairman, HCL Infosystems Limited, commenting on the results said – “We are clearly investing in the future and as we do so a new face of HCL Infosystems is unraveling with each day. This steady transformation has led the company reinvent itself, consistently winning various prestigious projects that are going to play an integral role in fueling our country’s growth engine. Where we continue to focus and carry the baton of the need of Made in India, Made For India Product Engineering, R&D and manufacturing with creating IPs, today the company has emerged as a leading System Integrator with a host of solutions catering to areas like eGovernance, power, telecom, education & learning and security etc. As we’re growing business, there are investments being made for capacity building along with seeking opportunities to both grow organically and inorganically. We recently did another strategic acquisition in Middle East and are actively looking at inorganic growth with a focus to expand both the geographical presence and further enhance our IT services capability”
“With sustainability an important pillar of our growth we have been very particular about the way we do business. HCL Infosystems was recently conferred one of the top Green Companies globally by Greenpeace and I am proud to say that this quarter HCL Infosystems achieved India’s First LEED IC Platinum certification for HCL Green Data Center”
Mr. Harsh Chitale, Chief Executive Officer, HCL Infosystems Limited, commenting on the results said – “This quarter has witnessed our growth programs kicking in with us ending it with an all time high order book. There have been some key wins in the System Integration space across sectors further strengthening our order pipeline and on the other hand our computer hardware business has also recorded good growth. We have also taken some portfolio decisions like disinvestment in HCL Infinet which are intended to not only further consolidate our offerings but to also increase focus on the indentified strategic growth areas.”
“Talking about our education business, HCL Learning has opened a big market for us, responding well with recording good growth during the quarter and also showing healthy signs with rapid order bookings. I am confident with renewed focus and consistent investment in these growth areas the organisation will soon be on the growth trajectory it has set for itself”
The company’s charter of expansion led by transformation in the Services and System Integration business has resulted in the introduction of new practices, new products through IP creation for diverse System Integration solutions. The expansion strategy also involves tapping emerging sectors and aggressively augments services, exports and inorganic growth through possible mergers and acquisition.
Investing in the future
- Employee strength grew to 7260 professionals as on December 31, 2010
- Overseas expansion through inorganic growth in high potential emerging markets
- Acquired 20% equity stake in a Dubai-based Telecom company for distribution of Nokia smartphones in Middle East and Africa
- Consolidated service offerings, SPA signed for subsidiary Infinet with an increased focus on strengthening its core business areas and expand into identified growth areas
- Expansion of existing Software Development Centre at Jaipur
- Achieved India’s First LEED IC Platinum certification for HCL Green Data Center
- Forayed in the kids entertainment market with ME gaming consoles and ME Kids Educational Computers
- Committed to sustainability, further invested in the development of green products