HCL Infosystems, India’s premier information enabling company, was rated as the number one Desktop PC Company by IDC India’s Quarterly PC market tracker report. According to the report, HCL recorded an impressive growth in terms of unit shipments during the OND quarter of 2005 maintaining its leadership position in the desktop market sixth year successively.
Mr. George Paul, Executive Vice President – Marketing, HCL Infosystems Limited, said, “We are very pleased to learn that IDC has rated us as number one in desktop category. This growth is a testimony to our continued focus on providing complete end-to-end IT solutions backed by a single window support for all our products through a strong Pan India network. The other big differentiator that HCL offers to its customers is the in-house domain expertise, on multiple technologies, under one roof.”
The commercial desktops category witnessed a 14% year-on-year growth* with HCL maintaining the top rank in terms of unit shipments, followed by HP and Lenovo. Apart from large enterprises, the Small and Medium Business segment also contributed to a significant portion of shipments in the category.
The growth is attributed to Rs.250 crores worth of large orders bagged by the company in the commercial space. One of HCL’s distinct advantages that has been responsible for the successful, timely implementation and rollout of services is the massive service and support network of HCL, spread across the country. HCL Infosystems has a committed Pan India Direct Support Infrastructure of 2800 engineers operating across 300 cities and towns in the country. HCL’s strength lies in its pan India presence, which enables the offering of a single window to IT, Office-Automation and Communication product & services solution to the customers across the country. Such a nationwide presence sums up to be the largest human resource capital of its kind in the IT business.
The consumer desktop category witnessed a 29% year-on-year growth* in unit shipments in 2005 over 2004. HCL led this category over HP, with LG following the market leaders at the third slot.
This growth in the consumer desktop category is attributed to some of the below mentioned initiatives undertaken by HCL in this quarter:
· Market Reach – HCL has rapidly expanded its channel presence.
· Convergence Market – Nation wide Introduction of Latest Microsoft Media Center edition based HCL Beanstalk PC ensured consumers did not have to look around for fulfilling their complete entertainment and information needs. PC’s have suffered from lower prioritization in consumer buying basket with TV and other entertainment devices occupying higher priority. This has been in line with the initiative to push PC up the desirability chain and is resulting in increased penetration.
· Broadband Ready PC – Tying up with BSNL as well as MTNL and a focused joint marketing program led to opening a new niche in consumers looking to connect trouble free to Broadband services. This added to the performance and is going stronger as the masses look towards Internet connectivity as major PC usage model.
· Consumer Finance – Affordability of PC has been brought in by HCL with Unique initiatives like Rs. 499 per month EMI and 0% Finance. Such schemes have helped driving the affordability
· Single Window solutions for users – HCL Branded inkjet Printers, UPS and other peripherals like TFT LCD Monitor upgrades, Stereo Speakers etc.
· Alternate Channel – Inducting alternate channel by appointing consumer Durable Channel partners, training them and creating new opportunities by custom designed marketing solutions through them.
About HCL Infosystems
HCL Infosystems, India’s premier information enabling and integration company offers its customers technology solutions across multiple platforms. It has partnerships with some leading global player like Intel, AMD, Toshiba, Ericsson, Microsoft, Nokia, Apple and Zee among others.
HCL Infosystems has direct customer services center across 300+ locations and two ISO 9001 certified state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. With a mission to provide world-class information technology solutions and services to enable its customers to serve their customers better, HCL Infosystems is forever setting new standards of IT in the country. For more information please visit www.hclinfosystems.in
About HCL Enterprise
HCL Enterprise is a leading Global Technology and IT enterprise with annual revenues of US $2.9 billion. The HCL Enterprise comprises two companies listed in India – HCL Technologies & HCL Infosystems. The 3-decade-old enterprise, founded in 1976, is one of India’s original IT garage start ups. Its range of offerings span Product Engineering, Technology and Application Services, BPO, Infrastructure Services, IT Hardware, Systems Integration, and distribution of technology and telecom products. The HCL team comprises of 32,000 professionals of diverse nationalities, who operate from 15 countries including 300 points of presence in India. HCL has global partnerships with several leading Fortune 1000 firms, including leading IT and Technology firms. For more information please visit us at www.hcl.in