Business Highlights for the Quarter
Registers Revenue of Rs. 1147 crore in Q2 FY16
Enterprise business revenue increases 35% Y-o-Y
Consumer business revenue contracts by 37% Y-o-Y
HCL Infosystems, India’s premier Distribution, IT Services and Solutions Company, today announced its financial results for the Second quarter ended December 31, 2015.
Mr. PremkumarSeshadri, Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, HCL Infosystems Ltd., said, “Our focus and investments in the enterprise business continues to be on track, the consumer business of telecom was affected due to portfolio rationalization by the Principal especially at the low end phone segment. The SI business continued executing to the plan and FI business is reaching maturity”.
The Enterprise Business consisting of Enterprise Products Distribution, Domestic Enterprise Services, Global Enterprise Services and Care Services poised for growth.
- Enterprise Products Distribution puts up a strong performance with 6% Q-o-Q and 74% Y-o-Y growth in revenues. The business added leading international technology and consumer electronics brands to its portfolio. With focus on value added distribution, after-sales service and Centres of Excellence, the business is poised for a robust growth.
- Enterprise Services (Domestic & Global) The business registered a growth of 1% Q-o-Q and 16% Y-o-Y in revenues with continued investments towards building capability to address the emerging services in this space. The Global business continues to show growth in revenue and profitability.
- Care HCL Care Services business entered into strategic tie-ups with leading OEMs across the Mobility, Consumer Electronics and e-commerce space. As the next step in providing service offerings, the business is tying up with major OEMs for setting up Exclusive Service Centres.
- In this quarter the revenues of Consumer Distribution business were affected due to portfolio rationalization by the Principal, especially at the low-end phone segment. The business strengthened association with the Principal, adding new products and distribution channels to its portfolio.
System Integration (SI)
Orders worth Rs. 152 Cr. were executed in the quarter. Further, major Defense Projects were enabled for commercial closure and good progress was achieved in Power Projects. The UIDAI project continued to progress well with an enrollment of more than 95.26 crore as on 31st December 2015.
Financial Inclusion (FI)
FI business achieved a robust 54% Y-o-Y growth in revenue, coupled with strong growth in order pipeline. The business also achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification which provides for process excellence and stronger industry presence for ICT solutions in the domain of Financial Inclusion.
Awards & Recognitions during the quarter:
- HCL Consumer Services won CMO Global Marketing Excellence Awards in Retail and Telecom Services category
- HCL Infotech won the ‘Data Centre Initiative of the Year’ award for its outstanding contribution as a technology infrastructure and service partner to the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
About HCL Infosystems
HCL Infosystems is one of India’s premier IT Services, Distribution and Digital Solutions Company, enabling organizations attain and sustain competitive advantage by leveraging Information and Communication Technologies. It offers a comprehensive portfolio of capabilities spanning IT & System Integration services, digitally-enabled learning and career development solutions to value-added distribution of technology, mobility and consumer products. For more information, please visit us at www.hclinfosystems.in
Founded in 1976 as one of India’s original IT garage start-ups, HCL is a pioneer of modern computing with many firsts to its credit, including the introduction of the 8-bit microprocessor-based computer in 1978 well before its global peers. Today, the HCL enterprise has a presence across varied sectors that include technology, healthcare and talent management solutions and comprises four companies – HCL Infosystems, HCL Technologies, HCL Healthcare and HCL TalentCare. The enterprise generates annual revenues of over US$ 7 billion with more than 110,000 employees from 100 nationalities operating across 31 countries, including over 500 points of presence in India.
For further information, visit www.hcl.com