- The Board of Directors declared 75% quarterly dividend.
- Announced a Joint Venture with Nokia to sell mobile entertainment and value added services directly to consumers in India.
- Services revenue grew 48% YOY in JFM 09.
- HCL embarked into ATM solutions sector by launching Multi-Function ATMs for the Indian Banking Sector.
- Ranked No.1 by DQ –IDC ‘Customer Satisfaction Audit 2008 -09’.
The company has reported consolidated revenue of Rs. 3023.8 crores (USD 610.7 Mn) for the quarter ended March 31, 2009.
Consolidated services revenue for the quarter was Rs. 193.0 crores (USD 39.0 Mn), a growth of 48% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
Consolidated profit before tax & exchange rate impact (including unrealised impact on restatement at the period end rate) for the quarter was Rs. 96.6 crores (USD 19.5 Mn).
Consolidated profit before tax for the quarter was Rs. 89.5 crores (USD 18.1 Mn). Consolidated PAT for the quarter was Rs. 58.2 crores (USD 11.8 Mn).
Revenue from Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 874.9 crores (176.7 Mn). Profit before interest & taxes for Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 40.8 crores (USD 8.2 Mn).
Revenue from Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 2158.2 crores (USD 435.9 Mn). Profit before interest & taxes for Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 68.2 crores (USD 13.8 Mn).
Consolidated EPS for the year ended 31st March 2009 was Rs. 3.4 per share.
The Board of Directors has declared third quarterly interim dividend of Rs. 1.5/- per share
(75 % on an equity share of par value of Rs. 2/- each)
Conversion rate: 1 USD = Rs 49.51.